Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Headquarters, Marine Corps, shall furnish professional assistance to the Secretary, the Under Secretary, and the Assistant Secretaries of the Navy and to the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
(b) Under the authority, direction, and control of the Secretary of the Navy, the Headquarters, Marine Corps, shall--
(1) subject to subsections (c) and (d) of section 5014 of this title, prepare for such employment of the Marine Corps, and for such recruiting, organizing, supplying, equipping (including research and development), training, servicing, mobilizing, demobilizing, administering, and maintaining of the Marine Corps, as will assist in the execution of any power, duty, or function of the Secretary or the Commandant;
(2) investigate and report upon the efficiency of the Marine Corps and its preparation to support military operations by combatant commanders;
(3) prepare detailed instructions for the execution of approved plans and supervise the execution of those plans and instructions;
(4) as directed by the Secretary or the Commandant, coordinate the action of organizations of the Marine Corps; and
(5) perform such other duties, not otherwise assigned by law, as may be prescribed by the Secretary.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 10 U.S.C. § 5042 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 10. Armed Forces § 5042. Headquarters, Marine Corps: general duties - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-10-armed-forces/10-usc-sect-5042.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.