(a) There is in the executive part of the Department of the Navy a Headquarters, Marine Corps. The function of the Headquarters, Marine Corps, is to assist the Secretary of the Navy in carrying out his responsibilities.
(b) The Headquarters, Marine Corps, is composed of the following:
(1) The Commandant of the Marine Corps.
(2) The Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps.
(3) The Deputy Commandants.
(4) The Staff Judge Advocate to the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
(5) Other members of the Navy and Marine Corps assigned or detailed to the Headquarters, Marine Corps.
(6) Civilian employees in the Department of the Navy assigned or detailed to the Headquarters, Marine Corps.
(c) Except as otherwise specifically prescribed by law, the Headquarters, Marine Corps, shall be organized in such manner, and its members shall perform such duties and have such titles, as the Secretary may prescribe.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.