10 U.S.C. § 2806 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 10. Armed Forces § 2806. Contributions for North Atlantic Treaty Organizations Security Investment

(a)  Within amounts authorized by law for such purpose, the Secretary of Defense may make contributions for the United States share of the cost of multilateral programs for the acquisition and construction of military facilities and installations (including international military headquarters) and for related expenses for the collective defense of the North Atlantic Treaty Area.

(b)  Funds may not be obligated or expended in connection with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Investment program in any year unless such funds have been authorized by law for such program.

(c)(1)  The Secretary may make contributions in excess of the amount appropriated for contribution under subsection (a) if the amount of the contribution in excess of that amount does not exceed 200 percent of the amount specified by section 2805(a) of this title as the maximum amount for a minor military construction project.

(2)  If the Secretary determines that the amount appropriated for contribution under subsection (a) in any fiscal year must be exceeded by more than the amount authorized under paragraph (1), the Secretary may make contributions in excess of such amount, but not in excess of 125 percent of the amount appropriated (A) after submitting a report in writing to the appropriate committees of Congress on such increase, including a statement of the reasons for the increase and a statement of the source of the funds to be used for the increase, and (B) after a period of 21 days has elapsed from the date of receipt of the report or, if earlier, a period of 14 days has elapsed from the date on which a copy of the report is provided in an electronic medium pursuant to section 480 of this title.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard