Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A person may not operate a motor vehicle in this state unless financial responsibility is established for that vehicle through:
(1) a motor vehicle liability insurance policy that complies with Subchapter D; 1
(2) a surety bond filed under Section 601.121 ;
(3) a deposit under Section 601.122 ;
(4) a deposit under Section 601.123 ; or
(5) self-insurance under Section 601.124 .
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 601.051. Requirement of Financial Responsibility - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-601-051.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.