Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 547.382. Lighting Equipment on Projecting Loads
Search Texas Statutes
(a) A vehicle transporting a load that extends to the rear at least four feet beyond the bed or body of the vehicle shall display on the extreme end of the load at the times specified in Section 547.302(a) :
(1) two red lamps visible at a distance of at least 500 feet from the rear;
(2) two red reflectors that indicate the maximum width and are visible at nighttime at all distances from 100 to 600 feet from the rear when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps; and
(3) two red lamps, one on each side, that indicate the maximum overhang and are visible at a distance of at least 500 feet from the side.
(b) At all other times, a vehicle transporting a load that extends beyond the vehicle's sides or more than four feet beyond the vehicle's rear shall display red flags that:
(1) are at least 12 inches square;
(2) mark the extremities of the load; and
(3) are placed where a lamp is required by this section.
Read this complete Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 547.382. Lighting Equipment on Projecting Loads on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.