Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this subtitle:
(1) “Escort flagger” has the meaning assigned by Section 623.008.
(1-a) “Operator” means, as used in reference to a vehicle, a person who drives or has physical control of a vehicle.
(2) “Owner” means, as used in reference to a vehicle, a person who has a property interest in or title to a vehicle. The term:
(A) includes a person entitled to use and possess a vehicle subject to a security interest; and
(B) excludes a lienholder and a lessee whose lease is not intended as security.
(3) “Pedestrian” means a person on foot.
(4) “Person” means an individual, firm, partnership, association, or corporation.
(5) “School crossing guard” means a responsible person who is at least 18 years of age and is designated by a local authority to direct traffic in a school crossing zone for the protection of children going to or leaving a school.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 541.001. Persons - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-541-001.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?