Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department shall establish an image verification system based on the following identifiers collected by the department under Section 521.142(b):
(1) an applicant's facial image; and
(2) an applicant's thumbprints or, if thumbprints cannot be taken, the index fingerprints of the applicant.
(b) The department shall authenticate the facial image and thumbprints or fingerprints provided by an applicant for a personal identification certificate, driver's license, or commercial driver's license or permit using image comparison technology to ensure that the applicant:
(1) is issued only one original license, permit, or certificate;
(2) does not fraudulently obtain a duplicate license, permit, or certificate; and
(3) does not commit other fraud in connection with the application for a license, permit, or certificate.
(c) The department shall use the image verification system established under this section only to the extent allowed by Chapter 730, Transportation Code, to aid other law enforcement agencies in:
(1) establishing the identity of a victim of a disaster or crime that a local law enforcement agency is unable to establish; or
(2) conducting an investigation of criminal conduct.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 521.059. Image Verification System - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-521-059.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.