Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The commission shall determine the terms of a contract under this subchapter.
(b) The contract may not extend for a period of more than six years after the date of execution.
(c) The contract must provide that:
(1) the highway to be acquired is free of debts, liens, or other encumbrances at the time of acquisition;
(2) the highway to be constructed meets minimum design criteria prescribed by the commission;
(3) construction contracts are awarded through competitive bidding to the low bidder;
(4) priority of construction is assigned to particular highway segments;
(5) particular highway segments are opened to the public on completion of construction under right of entry even if consideration has not been paid by the commission; and
(6) the highway right-of-way is fully landscaped before acquisition by the commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 224.064. Terms and Conditions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-224-064.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?