Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This section applies only to a county that:
(1) is adjacent to a county with a population of four million or more;
(2) has a population of 300,000 or more; and
(3) has created a district by concurrent order with an adjacent county pursuant to Section 172.052.
(b) A county acting through the commissioners court or a local government corporation may adopt an order that authorizes the county and a navigation district located wholly or partly in the county to:
(1) develop rail facilities as a qualifying project under Chapter 2267, Government Code; and
(2) issue bonds for rail facilities secured by a pledge of the revenues of the facilities, including contract revenue, grant revenue, or other revenue collected in connection with the facilities.
(c) If each county that created a district adopts an order described by Subsection (b), the district may exercise the powers described by that subsection.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 172.211. Other Powers of County, District, and Navigation District - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-172-211.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?