(a) This section applies only to a sale of real property under this chapter conducted in a county in which the commissioners court by order has adopted the provisions of this section.
(b) A commissioners court may require that, to be eligible to bid at a sale of real property under this chapter, a person must be registered as a bidder with the county assessor-collector before the sale begins. The county assessor-collector may adopt rules governing the registration of bidders under this section. The county assessor-collector may require a person registering as a bidder:
(1) to designate the person's name and address;
(2) to provide valid proof of identification;
(3) to provide written proof of authority to bid on behalf of another person, if applicable;
(4) to provide any additional information reasonably required by the county assessor-collector; and
(5) to at least annually execute a statement on a form provided by the county assessor-collector certifying that there are no delinquent ad valorem taxes owed by the person registering as a bidder to the county or to any taxing unit having territory in the county.
(c) The county assessor-collector shall issue a written registration statement to a person who has registered as a bidder under this section. A person is not eligible to bid at a sale of real property under this chapter unless the county assessor-collector has issued a written registration statement to the person before the sale begins.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.