Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
If the creation of the district is not confirmed at a confirmation election held under Section 9014.024 before September 1, 2011:
(1) the district is dissolved September 1, 2011, except that the district shall:
(A) pay any debts incurred;
(B) transfer to Kaufman County any assets that remain after the payment of debts; and
(C) maintain the organization of the district until all debts are paid and remaining assets are transferred; and
(2) this chapter expires September 1, 2014.
(a) A pharmacy that issues a recall notice regarding a nonsterile compounded drug product shall, in addition to any other duties, contact the recipient pharmacy, prescriber, or patient of the recalled drug and the board within 12 hours of the recall notice if both of the following apply:
(1) Use of or exposure to the recalled drug may cause serious adverse health consequences or death.
(2) The recalled drug was dispensed, or is intended for use, in this state.
(b) A recall notice issued pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be made as follows:
(1) If the recalled drug was dispensed directly to the patient, the notice shall be made to the patient.
(2) If the recalled drug was dispensed directly to the prescriber, the notice shall be made to the prescriber, who shall ensure the patient is notified.
(3) If the recalled drug was dispensed directly to a pharmacy, the notice shall be made to the pharmacy, which shall notify the prescriber or patient, as appropriate. If the pharmacy notifies the prescriber, the prescriber shall ensure the patient is notified.
(c) A pharmacy that has been advised that a patient has been harmed by using a nonsterile compounded product potentially attributable to the pharmacy shall report the event to MedWatch within 72 hours of the pharmacy being advised.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 9014.003. Confirmation Election Required - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-9014-003.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?