Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 3803.103. Contracts; Grants
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) To protect the public interest, the district may contract with any county or municipality in which all or part of the district is located for the county or municipality to provide law enforcement services in the district for a fee.
(b) Harris County, the City of Houston, or another political subdivision of this state, without further authorization, may contract with the district to implement a project of the district or to assist the district in providing an authorized service. A contract under this subsection may:
(1) be for a period on which the parties agree;
(2) include terms on which the parties agree;
(3) be payable from taxes or any other source of revenue that may be available for the project or service; and
(4) provide terms under which taxes or other revenue collected at a district project, at a project in a tax increment reinvestment zone, or from a person using or purchasing a commodity or service at a district project may be paid or rebated to the district.
(c) The district may enter into a contract, lease, or other agreement with or make or accept a grant or loan to or from any person, including:
(1) the United States;
(2) this state or a state agency;
(3) any political subdivision of this state; or
(4) a public or private corporation, including a nonprofit corporation created by the board under this subchapter.
(d) The district may perform all acts necessary for the full exercise of the powers vested in the district on terms and for the period the board determines advisable.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Special District Local Laws Code - SDLL § 3803.103. Contracts; Grants - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/special-district-local-laws-code/sdll-sect-3803-103.html
Was this helpful?