Texas Property Code - PROP § 59.044. Notice of Sale
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The notice advertising the sale must contain:
(1) a general description of the property;
(2) a statement that the property is being sold to satisfy a landlord's lien;
(3) the tenant's name;
(4) the address of the self-service storage facility; and
(5) the time, place, and terms of the sale.
(a-1) For the purposes of Subsection (a)(5), the place of a sale is:
(1) the physical address of the location of the sale if the sale is conducted at the self-service storage facility or a reasonably near public place; or
(2) the address of the Internet website if the sale is conducted through an Internet website.
(b) The lessor must publish the notice once in each of two consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the self-service storage facility is located. If there is not a newspaper of general circulation in the county, the lessor may instead post a copy of the notice at the self-service storage facility and at least five other conspicuous locations near the facility.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Property Code - PROP § 59.044. Notice of Sale - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/property-code/prop-sect-59-044.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?