A mechanic's lien or affidavit claiming a mechanic's lien filed under Section 53.052 may be discharged of record by:
(1) recording a lien release signed by the claimant under Section 53.152 ;
(3) recording the original or certified copy of a final judgment or decree of a court of competent jurisdiction providing for the discharge;
(4) filing the bond and notice in compliance with Subchapter H; 1
(5) filing the bond in compliance with Subchapter I; 2 or
(6) recording a certified copy of the order removing the lien under Section 53.160 and a certificate from the clerk of the court that states that no bond or deposit as described by Section 53.161 was filed by the claimant within 30 days after the date the order was entered.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.