Texas Property Code - PROP § 221.102. Applicability
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) This subchapter applies to a timeshare interest if the timeshare interest has been acquired only for the purchaser's personal, family, or household use and:
(1) the timeshare interest is owned by a resident of this state;
(2) the timeshare property is located in this state; or
(3) the timeshare interest acquired is in a multisite timeshare plan required to be registered under Subchapter C.
(b) Except as provided by Subsection (c), this subchapter applies to a person who:
(1) is acting in the ordinary course of business; and
(2) directly or indirectly, regardless of whether acting in person, by mail, by telephone, or by any mode of Internet or electronic communication, offers or advertises an offer to engage in, for consideration, the following activities:
(A) obtaining or attempting to obtain on behalf of a timeshare interest owner a termination of contractual obligations relating to a timeshare interest;
(B) selling, renting, listing, or advertising a timeshare interest on behalf of a timeshare interest owner;
(C) purchasing a timeshare interest from a timeshare interest owner; or
(D) assisting in the transfer of an owner's timeshare interest.
(c) This subchapter does not apply to:
(1) a license holder under Chapter 1101, Occupations Code, acting as a broker, agent, or salesperson under that person's license in connection with the transfer or termination of a timeshare interest;
(2) a developer, association, or managing entity for a timeshare interest to be transferred or terminated or a third party acting at the specific request of the developer, association, or managing entity; or
(3) an attorney, title agent, title company, or escrow company that:
(A) provides only closing, settlement, or other comparable transaction services in connection with the transfer or termination of a timeshare interest; and
(B) does not otherwise engage in activities described by Subsection (b).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Property Code - PROP § 221.102. Applicability - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/property-code/prop-sect-221-102.html
Was this helpful?