Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 38.114. Contraband in Correctional Facility
Search Texas Statutes
(a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) provides contraband to an inmate of a correctional facility;
(2) otherwise introduces contraband into a correctional facility; or
(3) possesses contraband while confined in a correctional facility.
(b) In this section, “contraband”:
(A) any item not provided by or authorized by the operator of the correctional facility; or
(B) any item provided by or authorized by the operator of the correctional facility that has been altered to accommodate a use other than the originally intended use; and
(2) does not include any item specifically prohibited under Section 38.11 .
(c) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor, unless the offense is committed by an employee or a volunteer of the correctional facility, in which event the offense is a Class B misdemeanor.
(d) In this section, “correctional facility” means:
(1) any place described by Section 1.07(a)(14) ; or
(2) a “secure correctional facility” or “secure detention facility” as those terms are defined by Section 51.02, Family Code .
Read this complete Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 38.114. Contraband in Correctional Facility on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.