Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 28.01. Definitions
Search Texas Statutes
In this chapter:
(1) “Habitation” means a structure or vehicle that is adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons and includes:
(A) each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle; and
(B) each structure appurtenant to or connected with the structure or vehicle.
(2) “Building” means any structure or enclosure intended for use or occupation as a habitation or for some purpose of trade, manufacture, ornament, or use.
(3) “Property” means:
(A) real property;
(B) tangible or intangible personal property, including anything severed from land; or
(C) a document, including money, that represents or embodies anything of value.
(4) “Vehicle” includes any device in, on, or by which any person or property is or may be propelled, moved, or drawn in the normal course of commerce or transportation.
(5) “Open-space land” means real property that is undeveloped for the purpose of human habitation.
(6) “Controlled burning” means the burning of unwanted vegetation with the consent of the owner of the property on which the vegetation is located and in such a manner that the fire is controlled and limited to a designated area.
Read this complete Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 28.01. Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.