Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this section and sections 19a-562g and 19a-562h:
(1) “Nurse” means an advanced practice registered nurse, registered nurse or licensed practical nurse licensed pursuant to chapter 378; 1
(2) “Advanced practice registered nurse” means an advanced practice registered nurse licensed pursuant to chapter 378;
(3) “Registered nurse” means a registered nurse licensed pursuant to chapter 378;
(4) “Licensed practical nurse” means a practical nurse licensed pursuant to chapter 378;
(5) “Nurse's aide” means a nurse's aide registered pursuant to chapter 378a; 2
(6) “Nursing home facility” has the same meaning as provided in section 19a-521;
(7) “Transportation duty” means the responsibility of a nurse or nurse's aide to accompany the resident while he or she is being transported to or from the nursing home facility;
(8) “Direct patient care” means any care of a patient that is provided personally by a nursing home facility staff member and includes, but is not limited to, treatment, counseling, self-care and the administration of medication; and
(9) “Primary portion of his or her shift” means six or more hours of an eight-hour shift.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Parks and Wildlife Code - PARKS & WILD § 90.003. Exemptions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/parks-and-wildlife-code/parks-wild-sect-90-003.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.