Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Texas farm and ranch lands conservation fund is an account in the general revenue fund that may be appropriated only to the department to be used as provided by Subsection (b). The fund may not be used for grants to purchase or acquire any right or interest in property by eminent domain. The fund consists of:
(1) money appropriated by the legislature to the fund;
(2) public or private grants, gifts, donations, or contributions;
(3) funds from any other source, including proceeds from the sale of bonds, state or federal mitigation funds, or funds from any local, state, or federal program;
(4) proceeds of the sale of real property not required for the management of real property under Section 31.065(d), Natural Resources Code; and
(5) proceeds of the sale of real property under Section 31.066(d), Natural Resources Code.
(b) The fund may be used only:
(1) to award grants to qualified easement holders for the purchase of agricultural conservation easements;
(2) to pay transaction costs related to the purchase of agricultural conservation easements, which may include reimbursement of appraisal costs; and
(3) to pay associated administrative costs of the department, not to exceed five percent of the money in the fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Parks and Wildlife Code - PARKS & WILD § 84.008. Texas Farm and Ranch Lands Conservation Fund - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/parks-and-wildlife-code/parks-wild-sect-84-008.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?