Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A person is not eligible for appointment as a public member of the board if the person or the person's spouse:
(1) is a certified or licensed appraiser;
(2) is certified or licensed by an occupational regulatory agency in the field of real estate brokerage or appraisal;
(3) owns or controls, directly or indirectly, a business entity or other organization whose primary purpose is to engage in real estate sales, brokerage, or appraisal;
(4) is employed by or participates in the management of a business entity or other organization whose primary purpose is to engage in real estate sales, brokerage, or appraisal; or
(5) uses or receives a substantial amount of tangible goods, services, or money from the board other than compensation or reimbursement authorized by law for board membership, attendance, or expenses.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 1103.054. Eligibility of Public Members - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/occupations-code/occ-sect-1103-054.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?