Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 1103.052. Board Membership
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The board consists of nine members as follows:
(1) the executive secretary of the Veterans' Land Board or the executive secretary's designee; and
(2) eight members appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the senate as follows:
(A) four members who are certified or licensed appraisers actively engaged in the practice of appraising real property; and
(B) four public members who qualify for appointment based on their recognized business ability.
(b) The executive secretary of the Veterans' Land Board or the executive secretary's designee is a voting member of the board.
(c) In making appointments to the board, the governor shall ensure that:
(1) a single appraisal organization is not overrepresented on the board;
(2) the board is independent of a trade association, profession, or industry; and
(3) the board represents:
(A) the diverse geographic areas of the state; and
(B) a cross-section of disciplines in the field of real estate appraisal.
(d) Appointments to the board shall be made without regard to:
(1) the race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, or national origin of the appointee; or
(2) the appointee's membership in an appraisal organization.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Occupations Code - OCC § 1103.052. Board Membership - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/occupations-code/occ-sect-1103-052.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?