Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Owners and operators of oil and gas wells shall keep books that show accurately:
(1) the amount of sold and unsold stock;
(2) the amount of promotion money paid;
(3) the amount of oil and gas produced and disposed of and the price for which the oil and gas was sold;
(4) the receipts from the sale or transfer of leases or other property; and
(5) disbursements made in connection with or for the benefit of the business.
(b) The books shall be kept open for the inspection of the commission or any accredited representative of the commission and any stockholder or shareholder or royalty owner in the business.
(c) The owners and operators of oil and gas wells shall report the information to the commission for its information if required by the commission to do so.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Natural Resources Code - NAT RES § 91.141. Books and Records - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/natural-resources-code/nat-res-sect-91-141.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?