Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Under the provisions of this subchapter, the board may lease to any person for the production of coal, lignite, sulphur, salt, and potash:
(1) islands, saltwater lakes, bays, inlets, marshes, and reefs owned by the state within tidewater limits;
(2) the portion of the Gulf of Mexico within the jurisdiction of the state;
(3) rivers and channels that belong to the state;
(4) all unsold surveyed and unsurveyed public school land; and
(5) all land sold with a reservation of minerals to the state under Section 51.054 or 51.086 of this code in which the state has retained leasing rights.
(b) The lease may not be granted for any land within 2,500 feet of a military base.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Natural Resources Code - NAT RES § 53.151. Lease of Certain Areas - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/natural-resources-code/nat-res-sect-53-151.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?