Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Three originals of the certificate of amendment shall be delivered to the secretary of state.
(b) If the secretary of state determines that the certificate of amendment conforms to this subchapter and on receipt of a $25 fee, the secretary of state shall:
(1) endorse the word “Filed” and the date of the filing on each original of the certificate of amendment;
(2) file one of the original certificates of amendment in the secretary of state's office;
(3) issue two certificates evidencing the filing of the certificate of amendment;
(4) attach to each certificate evidencing the filing of the certificate of amendment; and
(5) deliver a certificate evidencing the filing of the certificate of amendment and the attached certificate of amendment to:
(A) the corporation or the corporation's representative; and
(B) the governing body of the corporation's authorizing unit.
(c) On the issuance of the certificate evidencing the filing of the certificate of amendment, the amendment becomes effective and the certificate of formation is amended accordingly.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Local Government Code - LOC GOV'T § 501.306. Delivery and Filing of Certificate of Amendment - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/local-government-code/loc-gov-t-sect-501-306.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?