(a) This subchapter does not apply to:
(1) workers' compensation insurance;
(2) mortgage guaranty insurance;
(3) title insurance;
(4) fidelity, surety, or guaranty bonds;
(5) marine insurance as defined by Section 1807.001 ; or
(6) a guaranty association created and operating under Chapter 2602.
(b) A guaranty association operating under Chapter 462 or 463 is not subject to the damage provisions of Section 542.060 .
(c) This subchapter does not apply to a health maintenance organization except as provided by Section 1271.005(c) .
(d) This subchapter does not apply to a claim governed by Subchapter C, Chapter 1301.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.