This subchapter applies to the following insurers whether organized as a proprietorship, partnership, stock or mutual corporation, or unincorporated association:
(1) a life, health, or accident insurance company;
(2) a fire or casualty insurance company;
(3) a hail or storm insurance company;
(4) a title insurance company;
(5) a mortgage guarantee company;
(6) a mutual assessment company;
(7) a local mutual aid association;
(8) a local mutual burial association;
(9) a statewide mutual assessment company;
(10) a stipulated premium company;
(11) a fraternal benefit society;
(12) a group hospital service corporation;
(13) a county mutual insurance company;
(14) a Lloyd's plan;
(15) a reciprocal or interinsurance exchange; and
(16) a farm mutual insurance company.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Insurance Code - INS § 542.002. Applicability of Subchapter - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/insurance-code/ins-sect-542-002.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.