(a) An applicant for temporary or permanent employment with a licensed facility or registered family home whose employment or potential employment with the facility or home involves direct interactions with or the opportunity to interact and associate with children must execute and submit the following affidavit with the application for employment:
STATE OF _____________
COUNTY OF ____________
I swear or affirm under penalty of perjury that I do not now and I have not at any time, either as an adult or as a juvenile:
1. Been convicted of;
2. Pleaded guilty to (whether or not resulting in a conviction);
3. Pleaded nolo contendere or no contest to;
5. Had any judgment or order rendered against me (whether by default or otherwise);
6. Entered into any settlement of an action or claim of;
7. Had any license, certification, employment, or volunteer position suspended, revoked, terminated, or adversely affected because of;
8. Resigned under threat of termination of employment or volunteerism for;
9. Had a report of child abuse or neglect made and substantiated against me for; or
10. Have any pending criminal charges against me in this or any other jurisdiction for;
Any conduct, matter, or thing (irrespective of formal name thereof) constituting or involving (whether under criminal or civil law of any jurisdiction):
1. Any felony;
2. Rape or other sexual assault;
3. Physical, sexual, emotional abuse and/or neglect of a minor;
5. Exploitation, including sexual, of a minor;
6. Sexual misconduct with a minor;
7. Molestation of a child;
8. Lewdness or indecent exposure;
9. Lewd and lascivious behavior;
10. Obscene or pornographic literature, photographs, or videos;
11. Assault, battery, or any violent offense involving a minor;
12. Endangerment of a child;
13. Any misdemeanor or other offense classification involving a minor or to which a minor was a witness;
14. Unfitness as a parent or custodian;
15. Removing children from a state or concealing children in violation of a court order;
16. Restrictions or limitations on contact or visitation with children or minors resulting from a court order protecting a child or minor from abuse, neglect, or exploitation; or
17. Any type of child abduction.
Except the following (list all incidents, location, description, and date) (if none, write NONE)
Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me this ________ day of ________________,____________.
Signature of notarial officer ____________________________________.
(seal, if any, of notarial officer)
My commission expires: ____________
(b) The failure or refusal of the applicant to sign or provide the affidavit constitutes good cause for refusal to hire the applicant.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.