Texas Health and Safety Code - HEALTH & SAFETY § 61.002. Definitions
Search Texas Statutes
In this chapter:
(1) Repealed by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., ch 1 (S.B. 219), § 3.1639(21).
(2) “Eligible county resident” means an eligible resident of a county who does not reside in the service area of a public hospital or hospital district.
(3) “Eligible resident” means a person who meets the income and resources requirements established by this chapter or by the governmental entity, public hospital, or hospital district in whose jurisdiction the person resides.
(4) “Emergency services” has the meaning assigned by Chapter 773.
(5) “General revenue levy” means:
(A) the property taxes imposed by a county that are not dedicated to:
(i) the construction and maintenance of farm-to-market roads under Article VIII, Section 1-a, Texas Constitution ;
(ii) flood control under Article VIII, Section 1-a, Texas Constitution ;
(iii) the further maintenance of the public roads under Article VIII, Section 9, Texas Constitution ; or
(iv) the payment of principal or interest on county debt; and
(B) the sales and use tax revenue to be received by the county during the calendar year in which the state fiscal year begins under Chapter 323, Tax Code, as determined under Section 26.041(d), Tax Code .
(6) “Governmental entity” includes a county, municipality, or other political subdivision of the state, but does not include a hospital district or hospital authority.
(8) “Mandated provider” means a person who provides health care services, is selected by a county, public hospital, or hospital district, and agrees to provide health care services to eligible residents, including the primary teaching hospital of a state medical school located in a county which does not have a public hospital or hospital district, and the faculty members practicing in both the inpatient and outpatient care facilities affiliated with the teaching hospital.
(9) “Medicaid” means the medical assistance program provided under Chapter 32, Human Resources Code.
(10) “Public hospital” means a hospital owned, operated, or leased by a governmental entity, except as provided by Section 61.051 .
(11) “Service area” means the geographic region in which a governmental entity, public hospital, or hospital district has a legal obligation to provide health care services.
Read this complete Texas Health and Safety Code - HEALTH & SAFETY § 61.002. Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.