Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 449.005. Public Members: Eligibility; Appointment; Vacancy
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A person appointed as a public member of the commission must be a resident of this state.
(b) Public members of the commission must include:
(1) persons who have served prominently as leaders of or spokespersons for public or private organizations that serve members of religious, ethnic, national heritage, or social groups that were subjected to the Holocaust or other genocides;
(2) persons who have significant professional experience in the field of Holocaust or genocide education;
(3) persons who represent liberators of Holocaust or other genocide victims; and
(4) persons who have demonstrated a significant, particular interest in Holocaust or genocide education.
(c) Appointments of public members to the commission shall be made:
(1) without regard to the race, color, disability, sex, religion, age, or national origin of an appointee; and
(2) so that each geographic area of this state is represented on the commission.
(d) The original appointing authority shall fill any vacancy in an appointed position on the commission for the unexpired portion of the term.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 449.005. Public Members: Eligibility; Appointment; Vacancy - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-449-005/
Was this helpful?