Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 418.054. Disaster Case Management System
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The division shall, subject to the availability of funds, contract with a vendor to develop and maintain an electronic disaster case management system.
(b) The system developed under Subsection (a) may be used for case management during and after a disaster by persons selected by the division, including:
(1) a person affected by a disaster;
(2) a municipality or county affected by a disaster;
(3) the Health and Human Services Commission;
(4) the General Land Office;
(5) the Department of State Health Services;
(6) the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles;
(7) the Texas Workforce Commission;
(8) the Texas Department of Insurance;
(9) the Department of Agriculture;
(10) appropriate federal agencies; and
(11) any other appropriate entity.
(c) The system developed under Subsection (a) may include the capability for a person affected by a disaster to apply for assistance from multiple sources. The system must allow the person to control which other users of the system have access to information submitted by the person to the system.
(d) Information collected or maintained by the system developed under Subsection (a) that could identify a person affected by a disaster is confidential and not subject to disclosure under Chapter 552. The information may be disclosed to a governmental body described by Subsection (b) for the purpose of disaster relief or recovery.
(e) The division shall adopt rules necessary to implement this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 418.054. Disaster Case Management System - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-418-054-nr9/
Was this helpful?