Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 411.171. Definitions
Search Texas Statutes
In this subchapter:
(1) “Approved online course provider” means a person who is certified by the department to offer in an online format the classroom instruction part of the handgun proficiency course and to administer the associated written exam.
(2) “Chemically dependent person” means a person who frequently or repeatedly becomes intoxicated by excessive indulgence in alcohol or uses controlled substances or dangerous drugs so as to acquire a fixed habit and an involuntary tendency to become intoxicated or use those substances as often as the opportunity is presented.
(3) Repealed by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., ch. 437 (H.B. 910), § 50.
(4) “Convicted” means an adjudication of guilt or, except as provided in Section 411.1711 , an order of deferred adjudication entered against a person by a court of competent jurisdiction whether or not the imposition of the sentence is subsequently probated and the person is discharged from community supervision. The term does not include an adjudication of guilt or an order of deferred adjudication that has been subsequently:
(B) pardoned under the authority of a state or federal official; or
(C) otherwise vacated, set aside, annulled, invalidated, voided, or sealed under any state or federal law.
(4-a) “Federal judge” means:
(A) a judge of a United States court of appeals;
(B) a judge of a United States district court;
(C) a judge of a United States bankruptcy court; or
(D) a magistrate judge of a United States district court.
(4-b) “State judge” means:
(A) the judge of an appellate court, a district court, or a county court at law of this state;
(B) an associate judge appointed under Chapter 201, Family Code; or
(C) a justice of the peace.
(5) “Handgun” has the meaning assigned by Section 46.01, Penal Code .
(6) “Intoxicated” has the meaning assigned by Section 49.01, Penal Code .
(7) “Qualified handgun instructor” means a person who is certified to instruct in the use of handguns by the department.
(8) Repealed by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, § 9.02(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1999 .
Read this complete Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 411.171. Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.