Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This section applies only to a person placed on community supervision under Chapter 42A, Code of Criminal Procedure:
(2) under a provision of Chapter 42A, Code of Criminal Procedure, other than Subchapter C, including:
(A) a provision that requires the person to serve a term of confinement as a condition of community supervision; or
(B) another provision that authorizes placing a person on community supervision after the person has served part of a term of confinement imposed for the offense.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this subchapter or Subchapter F, a person described by Subsection (a) whose community supervision is not revoked and who completes the period of community supervision, including any term of confinement imposed and payment of all fines, costs, and restitution imposed, may petition the court that placed the person on community supervision for an order of nondisclosure of criminal history record information under this section if the person:
(1) satisfies the requirements of this section and Section 411.074; and
(2) has never been previously convicted of or placed on deferred adjudication community supervision for another offense other than a traffic offense that is punishable by fine only.
(c) After notice to the state, an opportunity for a hearing, and a determination that the person is entitled to file the petition and issuance of the order is in the best interest of justice, the court shall issue an order prohibiting criminal justice agencies from disclosing to the public criminal history record information related to the offense giving rise to the community supervision.
(d) A person may petition the court that placed the person on community supervision for an order of nondisclosure of criminal history record information under this section only on or after:
(1) the completion of the community supervision, if the offense for which the person was placed on community supervision was a misdemeanor other than a misdemeanor described by Subdivision (2); or
(2) the second anniversary of the date of completion of the community supervision, if the offense for which the person was placed on community supervision was a misdemeanor under Chapter 20, 21, 22, 25, 42, 43, or 46, Penal Code.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 411.073. Procedure for Community Supervision Following Conviction; Certain Misdemeanors - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-411-073.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.