Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) If bonds issued under this subchapter are secured solely by a pledge of net revenue of the project, the commissioners court shall contract for and impose rates and charges for water supplied by the project that will be sufficient to:
(1) operate and maintain the project;
(2) pay when due the principal of and interest on the bonds; and
(3) establish any reserves provided in the order authorizing the issuance of the bonds.
(b) A bond secured solely by a pledge of net revenue:
(1) is not a debt of the county issuing the bond;
(2) may be a charge only on pledged revenue of a project;
(3) may not be included in determining the power of the county to issue bonds or incur other debt for any purpose authorized by law; and
(4) must contain the following provision: “The holder of this bond is not entitled to demand payment of this obligation out of any money raised by taxation.”
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1477.064. Rates and Charges - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-1477-064.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?