Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1372.001. Definitions
Search Texas Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
In this chapter:
(1) “Additional state ceiling” means authorization under federal law for the issuance of bonds that are tax-exempt private activity bonds subject to the limits imposed by Section 146, Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. Section 146), in an amount in addition to the state ceiling.
(1-a) “Applicable official” means the state official or state agency designated by federal law to allocate a miscellaneous bond ceiling or designate bonds entitled to the federal subsidy limited by a miscellaneous bond ceiling or, in the absence of designation by federal law, the governor.
(1-b) “Board” means the Bond Review Board.
(2) “Bonds” means all obligations, including bonds, certificates, or notes, that are:
(A) authorized to be issued by:
(i) the constitution or a statute of this state; or
(ii) the charter of a home-rule municipality; and
(ii) with respect to Subchapter D, otherwise entitled to a federal subsidy only if designated for the exemption, credit, or other subsidy, or allocated a portion of a limited amount of obligations for which the exemption, credit, or other subsidy is authorized, by this state or an applicable official or by an issuer to which this state or the applicable official has made an allocation, including exemptions, credits, and other subsidies authorized by any federal law authorizing a federal subsidy.
(3) “Closing” means the issuance and delivery of a bond by an issuer in exchange for the required payment for the bond. The term does not include a delivery of a bond if expenditure of the proceeds of the bond is conditioned on obtaining credit enhancement in support of the bond.
(4-a) “Federal subsidy” means an exclusion of interest on a bond from gross income for federal income tax purposes, a federal income tax credit associated with a bond, a direct federal subsidy of interest on a bond, or any other federally authorized financial benefit associated with a bond.
(5) “Housing finance corporation” has the meaning assigned by Section 394.003, Local Government Code.
(6) “Internal Revenue Code” means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and its subsequent amendments.
(7) “Issuer” means:
(A) a department, board, authority, agency, subdivision, political subdivision, body politic, or instrumentality of this state; or
(B) a nonprofit corporation acting for or on behalf of an entity described by Paragraph (A).
(8) “Local government” has the meaning assigned by Section 394.003, Local Government Code.
(8-a) “Miscellaneous bond ceiling” means the maximum amount of bonds of any type that may be issued by issuers in this state during a calendar year, or cumulatively, that are entitled to a federal subsidy only if designated for the federal subsidy, or allocated a portion of a limited amount of bonds other than bonds subject to the limits imposed by Section 146, Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. Section 146), for which the federal subsidy is authorized, by:
(A) this state or the applicable official; or
(B) an issuer to which this state or the applicable official has made an allocation.
(15) “Reservation” means a reservation of a portion of the state ceiling for a specific bond issue.
(16) “State-voted issue” means an issue of bonds approved by the voters of this state in a statewide election.
(17) “State ceiling” means the maximum amount of tax-exempt private activity bonds that may be issued by all issuers in this state during a calendar year, as computed under Section 146(d), Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. Section 146(d)).
(18) Repealed by Acts 2019, 86th Leg., ch. 992 (S.B. 1474), § 21(1).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Government Code - GOV'T § 1372.001. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/government-code/gov-t-sect-1372-001.html
Was this helpful?