Texas Government Code § 103.0211. Additional Fees and Costs in Criminal or Civil Cases:  Government Code

An accused or defendant, or a party to a civil suit, as applicable, shall pay the following fees and costs under the Government Code if ordered by the court or otherwise required:

(1) a court reporter fee when testimony is taken:

(A) in a criminal court in Dallas County ( Sec. 25.0593, Government Code ) ... $3;

(B) in a county criminal court of appeals in Dallas County ( Sec. 25.0594, Government Code ) ... $3;

(C) in a county court at law in McLennan County ( Sec. 25.1572, Government Code ) ... $3;  and

(D) in a county criminal court in Tarrant County ( Sec. 25.2223, Government Code ) ... $3;

(2) a court reporter service fee if the courts have official court reporters ( Sec. 51.601, Government Code ) ... $15 or, in specified counties, $30;

(3) a speedy trial rights waiver motion filing fee in El Paso County ( Sec. 54.745, Government Code ) ... $100;

(4) the costs of a criminal magistrate if the court determines that the nonprevailing party is able to defray the costs:

(A) in Bexar County ( Sec. 54.913, Government Code ) ... magistrate's fees;

(B) in Dallas County ( Sec. 54.313, Government Code ) ... magistrate's fees;

(C) in Lubbock County ( Sec. 54.883, Government Code ) ... magistrate's fees;

(D) in Tarrant County ( Sec. 54.663, Government Code ) ... magistrate's fees;  and

(E) in Travis County ( Sec. 54.983, Government Code ) ... magistrate's fees;

(5) an administrative fee for participation in certain community supervision programs ( Sec. 76.015, Government Code ) ... not less than $25 and not more than $60 per month;  and

(6) fee paid on filing a petition for an order of nondisclosure of criminal history record information in certain cases ( Secs. 411.072 and 411.0745 , Government Code) ... $28.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.