Skip to main content

Texas Finance Code - FIN § 66.002. Adoption of Rules

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The finance commission may adopt rules relating to:

(1) the minimum amounts of capital stock and paid-in surplus required for incorporation as a capital stock association;

(2) the minimum amounts of savings liability and expense funds required for incorporation as a mutual association;

(3) the fees and procedures for processing, hearing, and deciding applications filed with the commissioner or the Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending under this subtitle;

(4) the books and records that an association is required to keep and the location at which the books and records are required to be maintained;

(5) the accounting principles and practices that an association is required to observe;

(6) the conditions under which records may be copied or reproduced for permanent storage before the original records are destroyed;

(7) the form, contents, and time of publication of statements of condition;

(8) the form and contents of annual reports and other reports that an association is required to prepare and publish or file;

(9) the manner in which assets, liabilities, and transactions in general are to be described when entered in the books of an association, so that the entry accurately describes the subject matter of the entry;  and

(10) the conditions under which the commissioner may require an asset to be charged off or reserves established by transfer from surplus or paid-in capital because of the depreciation of or overstated value of the asset.

Cite this article: - Texas Finance Code - FIN § 66.002. Adoption of Rules - last updated April 14, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard