Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Subject to Subsection (b), the Credit Union Commission shall adopt rules to implement this subchapter and Subchapter D with respect to credit unions in credit union development districts.
(b) The Credit Union Commission, in consultation with the Texas Economic Development and Tourism Office, shall adopt rules regarding the criteria for the designation of credit union development districts under this subchapter. The rules must require the Credit Union Commission to consider:
(1) the location, number, and proximity of sites where services provided by a credit union are available in the proposed credit union development district;
(2) consumer needs for services provided by a credit union in the proposed district;
(3) the economic viability and local credit needs of the community in the proposed district;
(4) the existing commercial development in the proposed district; and
(5) the impact additional services provided by a credit union would have on potential economic development in the proposed district.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Finance Code - FIN § 279.102. Rules - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/finance-code/fin-sect-279-102.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?