Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(b) A certificate under this section is a one-page document that includes:
(1) the name of the person before the change of name was ordered;
(2) the name to which the person's name was changed by the court;
(3) the date on which the name change was made;
(4) the person's social security number and driver's license number, if any;
(5) the name of the court in which the name change was ordered; and
(6) the signature of the clerk of the court that issued the certificate.
(c) An applicant for a certificate under this section shall pay a $10 fee to the clerk of the court for issuance of the certificate.
(d) A certificate under this section constitutes proof of the change of name of the person named in the certificate.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Family Code - FAM § 45.106. Change of Name Certificate - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/family-code/fam-sect-45-106.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.