(a) A resident agent of a personal representative may resign as resident agent by giving notice to the representative and filing with the court in which the probate proceeding is pending a statement titled “Resignation of Resident Agent” that states:
(1) the name of the representative;
(2) the representative's address most recently known by the resident agent;
(3) that notice of the resignation has been given to the representative and the date that notice was given; and
(4) that the representative has not designated a successor resident agent.
(b) The resident agent shall send, by certified mail, return receipt requested, a copy of a resignation statement filed under Subsection (a) to:
(1) the personal representative at the address most recently known by the resident agent; and
(2) each party in the case or the party's attorney or other designated representative of record.
(c) The resignation of a resident agent takes effect on the date the court enters an order accepting the resignation. A court may not enter an order accepting the resignation unless the resident agent complies with this section.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.