(a) In this section:
(1) “Claimant,” “seller,” and “manufacturer” have the meanings assigned by Section 82.001 .
(2) “Products liability action” means any action against a manufacturer or seller for recovery of damages or other relief for harm allegedly caused by a defective product, whether the action is based in strict tort liability, strict products liability, negligence, misrepresentation, breach of express or implied warranty, or any other theory or combination of theories, and whether the relief sought is recovery of damages or any other legal or equitable relief, including a suit for:
(A) injury or damage to or loss of real or personal property;
(B) personal injury;
(C) wrongful death;
(D) economic loss; or
(E) declaratory, injunctive, or other equitable relief.
(b) Except as provided by Subsections (c), (d), and (d-1), a claimant must commence a products liability action against a manufacturer or seller of a product before the end of 15 years after the date of the sale of the product by the defendant.
(c) If a manufacturer or seller expressly warrants in writing that the product has a useful safe life of longer than 15 years, a claimant must commence a products liability action against that manufacturer or seller of the product before the end of the number of years warranted after the date of the sale of the product by that seller.
(d) This section does not apply to a products liability action seeking damages for personal injury or wrongful death in which the claimant alleges:
(1) the claimant was exposed to the product that is the subject of the action before the end of 15 years after the date the product was first sold;
(2) the claimant's exposure to the product caused the claimant's disease that is the basis of the action; and
(3) the symptoms of the claimant's disease did not, before the end of 15 years after the date of the first sale of the product by the defendant, manifest themselves to a degree and for a duration that would put a reasonable person on notice that the person suffered some injury.
(d-1) This section does not reduce a limitations period for a cause of action described by Subsection (d) that accrues before the end of the limitations period under this section.
(e) This section does not extend the limitations period within which a products liability action involving the product may be commenced under any other law.
(f) This section applies only to the sale and not to the lease of a product.