(a) Each filing entity shall keep:
(1) books and records of accounts;
(2) minutes of the proceedings of the owners or members or governing authority of the filing entity and committees of the owners or members or governing authority of the filing entity;
(3) a current record of the name and mailing address of each owner or member of the filing entity; and
(4) other books and records as required by the title of this code governing the entity.
(b) The books, records, minutes, and ownership or membership records of any filing entity may be:
(1) in written paper form; or
(2) maintained by or on behalf of the filing entity on, or by means of, an information storage device or method or one or more electronic data systems, provided that any books, records, minutes, and ownership or membership records so maintained can be converted into written paper form within a reasonable time.
(c) The records required by Subsection (a)(2) need not be maintained by a limited partnership or a limited liability company except to the extent required by its governing documents.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Business Organizations Code - BUS ORG § 3.151. Books and Records for All Filing Entities - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/business-organizations-code/bus-org-sect-3-151.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.