Texas Business Organizations Code - BUS ORG § 101.501. Supplemental Records Required for Limited Liability Companies
Search Texas Statutes
(a) In addition to the books and records required to be kept under Section 3.151 , a limited liability company shall keep at its principal office in the United States, or make available to a person at its principal office in the United States not later than the fifth day after the date the person submits a written request to examine the books and records of the company under Section 3.152(a) or 101.502 :
(1) a current list that states:
(A) the percentage or other interest in the limited liability company owned by each member; and
(B) if one or more classes or groups of membership interests are established in or under the certificate of formation or company agreement, the names of the members of each specified class or group;
(2) a copy of the company's federal, state, and local tax information or income tax returns for each of the six preceding tax years;
(3) a copy of the company's certificate of formation, including any amendments to or restatements of the certificate of formation;
(4) if the company agreement is in writing, a copy of the company agreement, including any amendments to or restatements of the company agreement;
(5) an executed copy of any powers of attorney;
(6) a copy of any document that establishes a class or group of members of the company as provided by the company agreement; and
(7) except as provided by Subsection (b), a written statement of:
(A) the amount of a cash contribution and a description and statement of the agreed value of any other contribution made or agreed to be made by each member;
(B) the dates any additional contributions are to be made by a member;
(C) any event the occurrence of which requires a member to make additional contributions;
(D) any event the occurrence of which requires the winding up of the company; and
(E) the date each member became a member of the company.
(b) A limited liability company is not required to keep or make available at its principal office in the United States a written statement of the information required by Subsection (a)(7) if that information is stated in a written company agreement.
(c) A limited liability company shall keep at its registered office located in this state and make available to a member of the company on reasonable request the street address of the company's principal office in the United States in which the records required by this section and Section 3.151 are maintained or made available.
Read this complete Texas Business Organizations Code - BUS ORG § 101.501. Supplemental Records Required for Limited Liability Companies on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.