Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Except as otherwise provided in Subsection (a) of Section 15.10 of this Act, for purposes of this Act:
(1) The term “attorney general” means the Attorney General of Texas or any assistant attorney general acting under the direction of the Attorney General of Texas.
(2) The term “goods” means any property, tangible or intangible, real, personal, or mixed, and any article, commodity, or other thing of value, including insurance.
(3) The term “person” means a natural person, proprietorship, partnership, corporation, municipal corporation, association, or any other public or private group, however organized, but does not include the State of Texas, its departments, and its administrative agencies or a community center operating under Subchapter A, Chapter 534, Health and Safety Code. 1
(4) The term “services” means any work or labor, including without limitation work or labor furnished in connection with the sale, lease, or repair of goods.
(5) The terms “trade” and “commerce” mean the sale, purchase, lease, exchange, or distribution of any goods or services; the offering for sale, purchase, lease, or exchange of any goods or services; the advertising of any goods or services; the business of insurance; and all other economic activity undertaken in whole or in part for the purpose of financial gain involving or relating to any goods or services.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Business and Commerce Code - BUS & COM § 15.03. Definitions - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/business-and-commerce-code/bus-com-sect-15-03.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.