(a) In addition to other powers and duties provided by this chapter, the state board shall:
(1) offer appropriate assistance to the directors of conservation districts in carrying out programs and powers under this chapter;
(2) coordinate the programs of the conservation districts to the extent possible through advice and consultation;
(3) secure the cooperation and assistance of the federal government, federal agencies, and state agencies;
(4) disseminate information throughout this state concerning the activities and programs of the conservation districts;
(5) encourage the formation of a conservation district in each area in which the organization of a conservation district is desirable; and
(6) prepare information of public interest describing the functions of the board and make the information available to the general public and to appropriate state agencies.
(b) The state board may cooperate with the governing boards of wind erosion conservation districts in putting into operation in those districts the provisions of this chapter that do not conflict with Chapter 202 of this code.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.