Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Any person who performs any of the following commits a Class C misdemeanor:
(1) Interferes with the lawful taking of a wild animal by another with intent to prevent the taking;
(2) Disturbs or engages in an activity that will tend to disturb wild animals, with intent to prevent their lawful taking;
(3) Disturbs another person who is engaged in the lawful taking of a wild animal or who is engaged in the process of taking, with intent to dissuade or otherwise prevent the taking;
(4) Enters or remains upon public lands, or upon private lands without permission of the owner or the owner's agent, with intent to violate this section;
(5) Fails to obey the order of a peace officer to desist from conduct in violation of this section if the officer observes such conduct, or has reasonable grounds to believe that the person has engaged in such conduct that day or that the person plans or intends to engage in such conduct that day on a specific premises; or
(6) Uses a drone with the intent to conduct video surveillance of private citizens who are lawfully hunting or fishing without obtaining the written consent of the persons being surveilled prior to conducting the surveillance.
(b) As used in subsection (a), “any person” means any individual, firm, association, company, partnership, corporation, public or private organization, institution or similar entity.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 70. Wildlife Resources § 70-4-302 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-70-wildlife-resources/tn-code-sect-70-4-302.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.