Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Before doing business in this state, a foreign LLC shall obtain a certificate of authority. An applicant for the certificate shall file with the office of the secretary of state an original copy of the application executed by the foreign LLC and setting forth:
(1) The name of the foreign LLC;
(2) The jurisdiction and date of its organization;
(3) The street address, including zip code, of its registered office in this state and the name of its registered agent at that office;
(4) The street address, including zip code, of the office required to be maintained in the jurisdiction of its organization by the laws of that jurisdiction or, if not so required, of the principal executive office of the foreign LLC or its equivalent; and
(5) The number of members of the LLC at the date of filing the application for the certificate of authority.
(b) The foreign LLC shall deliver with the completed application a certificate of existence (or document of similar import) duly authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of LLC records in the jurisdiction of its organization. The certificate shall not bear a date of more than two (2) months prior to the date the application is filed in this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 48. Corporations and Associations § 48-246-301 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-48-corporations-and-associations/tn-code-sect-48-246-301.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.