Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter:
(1) “Bank” means a person engaged in the business of banking, including a savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union, or trust company.
(2) “Depositary bank” means the first bank to take an item even though it is also the payor bank, unless the item is presented for immediate payment over the counter;
(3) “Payor bank” means a bank that is the drawee of a draft;
(4) “Intermediary bank” means a bank to which an item is transferred in course of collection except the depositary or payor bank;
(5) “Collecting bank” means a bank handling an item for collection except the payor bank;
(6) “Presenting bank” means a bank presenting an item except a payor bank.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 47. Commercial Instruments and Transactions § 47-4-105 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-47-commercial-instruments-and-transactions/tn-code-sect-47-4-105.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?