Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Every coupon, whether sold or distributed individually or as part of a coupon book, shall clearly and conspicuously set forth, on its face, the name and business address of the coupon sponsor and a specific description, as provided in the agreement between the promoter and the sponsor of:
(1) The goods, services, or discount privileges which the sponsor will provide in exchange for the coupon;
(2) The hours during each day and the days during each week when the coupon will be accepted for redemption by the sponsor;
(3) The expiration date of the coupon; and
(4) All purchases required of the coupon holder as a condition of redemption and any other restrictions and limitations imposed on the redemption of the coupons by the sponsor.
(b) Every coupon book, and every coupon sold or distributed individually, shall contain on its face:
(1) The name and permanent business address of the promoter; and
(2) The following statement in bold face or other conspicuous type or lettering:
“REDEMPTION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS WHICH MUST BE STATED ON THE COUPON. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO INSPECT EACH COUPON BEFORE PURCHASE.”
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 47. Commercial Instruments and Transactions § 47-25-804 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-47-commercial-instruments-and-transactions/tn-code-sect-47-25-804.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?