Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) Every operator shall register with the commissioner on forms prescribed by the commissioner.
(2) The registration form shall contain, but shall not be limited to, the following information:
(A) Name, address, and telephone number of the operator;
(B) Name, address, and telephone number of the individual or officer of the organization having full responsibility for the conducting of the pageant;
(C) Names of pageants customarily promoted by the operator;
(D) Name, address, and telephone number of the financial institution in which the entrants' fee is held; and
(E) The operator's exemption certificate number from the tax imposed by title 67, chapter 6, or the operator's sales tax registration number.
(b)(1) Except as provided in subsection (d), each operator shall, at the time of registration, file and have approved by the commissioner, a bond in which the candidate for registration shall be the principal obligor in an amount as determined by the commissioner; provided, however, that if no amount has been set by rule, then the amount of the bond shall be ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
(2) Such bond shall be payable to the state of Tennessee for the use of the commissioner and any person who may have a cause of action against the obligor of the bond for any losses caused by a failure to conduct a beauty pageant.
(c)(1) Except as provided in subsection (d), each operator shall, at the time of registration, submit a nonrefundable registration fee in an amount set by the commissioner; provided, however, that if no amount has been set by rule, then the registration fee shall be fifty dollars ($50.00).
(2) In order to continue to hold a valid registration in a subsequent year each operator shall annually renew the operator's registration.
(3) Such an annual renewal shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable renewal fee in an amount set by the commissioner; provided, however, that if no amount has been set by rule, then the renewal fee shall be fifty dollars ($50.00).
(4) Each registration shall expire on December 31 of each year.
(d) A bona fide civic club in existence for one (1) year, a community fair, a county fair, a district fair or a division fair as defined in § 43-21-104, or any other regional fair, or a religious organization or church, or a local governmental entity or organizations auxiliary to or affiliated with such local governmental entities, including, but not necessarily limited to, school booster clubs, shall be exempt from the requirements of subsections (b) and (c).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 47. Commercial Instruments and Transactions § 47-18-202 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-47-commercial-instruments-and-transactions/tn-code-sect-47-18-202.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?