Tennessee Code Title 43. Agriculture and Horticulture § 43-1-701
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Tennessee Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) There is established within the general fund a special agency account to be known as the Tennessee agricultural regulatory fund, referred to in this part as “the fund.”
(b) Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, there shall be deposited in the fund all moneys collected pursuant to the following:
(1) The Tennessee Plant Pest Act, compiled in chapter 6, part 1, of this title;
(2) The Tennessee Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act, compiled in chapter 8, parts 1 and 2 of this title;
(3) Chapter 8, part 3 of this title, relative to the aerial application of pesticides;
(4) The Tennessee Seed Law of 1986, compiled in chapter 10 of this title;
(5) The Tennessee Commercial Fertilizer Law of 1969, compiled in chapter 11, part 1 of this title;
(6) The Tennessee Agricultural Liming Materials Act, compiled in chapter 11, part 4 of this title;
(7) Section 43-26-103(e), relative to industrial hemp;
(8) The Tennessee Commercial Feed Law of 1972, compiled in title 44, chapter 6;
(9) Title 44, chapter 7, relative to marks, brands, registration, and certification;
(10) The Tennessee Livestock Dealer Act, compiled in title 44, chapter 10, part 2;
(11) Title 44, chapter 11, relative to livestock sales;
(12) Title 44, chapter 16, relative to baby chicks;
(13) Title 47, chapter 26, relative to weights and measures;
(14) The Tennessee Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, compiled in title 53, chapter 1;
(15) The Tennessee Egg Law, compiled in title 53, chapter 2;
(16) The Dairy Law of the State of Tennessee, compiled in title 53, chapter 3;
(17) Title 53, chapter 7, relative to meat and poultry inspections;
(18) The Tennessee Retail Food Safety Act, compiled in title 53, chapter 8, part 2;
(19) Title 53, chapter 12, relative to vending machines; and
(20) Tennessee Application of Pesticides Act of 1978, compiled in title 62, chapter 21.
(c) Any unencumbered moneys and any unexpended balance of the fund remaining at the end of any fiscal year shall not revert to the general fund, but shall be carried forward and maintained until expended in accordance with this part.
(d) Moneys in the fund shall be invested by the state treasurer for the benefit of the fund pursuant to § 9-4-603. Interest accruing on investments and deposits of the fund shall be returned to the fund and remain a part of the fund. The fund shall be administered by the commissioner.
(e) Moneys in the fund may be expended only in accordance with annual appropriations approved by the general assembly. Subject to the foregoing requirement, moneys in the fund shall be expended at the direction of the commissioner only to defray the costs associated with implementing and effectuating the purposes of the statutes specified in subsection (b).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 43. Agriculture and Horticulture § 43-1-701 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-43-agriculture-and-horticulture/tn-code-sect-43-1-701.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?